Christian Science was discovered in 1866 by Mary Baker Eddy. The teachings of Christian Science are set forth in her book Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, as first published in 1875.
Christian Science is based on the teachings and healings of Christ Jesus, and answers Jesus’ call to his followers to “Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils” (Matthew 10:8). Christian Science teaches healing of body and mind by realization of our oneness with our Father-Mother God, and our completely spiritual nature, which was the way that Christ Jesus taught and performed his wonderful healing works. Mrs. Eddy was also a prodigious healer in her own right, and taught others the principles used in this healing, as reliable Science, not a dispensation by God to a very few chosen people. Thousands of authenticated healings by and of Christian Scientists have been recorded in the Science and Health with key to the Scriptures, the Christian Science Journal, and the Christian Science Sentinel all available in our Reading Room. These bear testimony to the efficacy of Mrs. Eddy's discovery, and the appropriateness of the term "Science" in the name of our religion.
First Church of Christ, Scientist, Beaumont is a branch of The Mother Church, The First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston, Massachusetts.
On October 26, 1905, twelve Christian Scientists met in the assembly room of the Temperance Hall Building in the City of Beaumont, Texas and organized First Church of Christ, Scientist, Beaumont, Texas.
In 1909, corner property at Calder and Main Street was purchased, and in 1916 was laid the cornerstone of the Church.
On May 8, 1966, the Church moved to our existing structure at 2955 Louisiana Street. The building sits on 2 - 1/3 acres of land purchased in December 1958. On July 23, 1967, the Church ediface was dedicated.
Notice the model T's
parked in front.